Past Conferences on the Restoration
Organised by Professor Tony Claydon and Professor Tom Corns, Bangor University has hosted a series of major international conferences on the Restoration in Britain and Ireland since 2005.
These have been held every other year, and after a series concentrating on the individual decades from the 1660s to the 1690s, they are now based on themes that affected the Restoration period as a whole.
- July 2017: Turning points in Britain and Ireland, 1658-1715
- July 2015: Britain, Ireland, and the overseas world, 1660-1714
- July 2013: The image of the monarchy in Britain and Ireland, 1649-1714
- July 2011: The end of the Restoration? Politics, religion and culture in the 1690s
- July 2009: Politics, religion and culture in the 1680s in Britain and Ireland
- July 2007: Politics, religion and culture in the 1670s in Britain and Ireland
- July 2005: Politics, religion and culture in the 1660s in Britain and Ireland